It’s been a bit difficult writing lately, since my mental health has plummeted, but today was a concrete health-related event, so I’m going to write it up.
The occupational therapist arrived at about 11.00 this morning. The door was unlocked, so after she knocked, I phoned her, and just told her to come up.
After a long, actually quite pleasant conversation, the following points were determined;
- I couldn’t get a carer, because that was what PIP is for.
- I could possibly get someone to help me to swimming and back, but again that was what PIP was for.
- I could get a ramp built, as long as I had less than £23,000 in savings.
- I could possibly get a fall alerter.
- I could have my bathroom removed and replaced with a wet room (but I don’t want it)
- I can’t have a downstairs toilet put in, since I can technically do the stairs.
- I might be entitled to more benefits.
- It is really weird, to the council, how fluctuating EDS is.
- It is horrifying, to outsiders, to watch someone reset a dislocation.
- There are servies which Dearest could access to help him as a carer, if he wants.
- Their number-one reccommendation was “Move house”.
I don’t know how I feel about all this. Pretty much “not good” because I don’t like having people involved in my business, but I suspect it’ll do me good in the long term. Somehow.