Well, the big difference is that a motorcycle is generally sited between your legs, so let’s get on to the similarities;
- Everyone who has one can’t understand how people get on without them.
- Everyone thinks that their own is the best and most comfortable, even if it would feel totally wrong to other people.
- Everyone is far more fascinated by their own than by anyone else’s.
- They’re lovely if you have one, but most people that don’t have one don’t see the appeal, and definitely don’t need one forced upon them by a third party.
- It’s possible to have one that is just a utility thing, and it’s possible to have one that’s your whole lifestyle, or somewhere in between and both is fine.
- On some people, you think they really suit them, on others they’re quite incongruous, but it’s still theirs and it’s not your place to give your opinion.
- Having one makes a lot of stuff easier, but can paradoxically make some things harder too.
- Some people wear special clothes related to theirs, but others don’t bother.
- Sometimes passers-by will get quite aggressive with you about them, even though it’s really not their business.
- Anyone saying “I don’t care about it, I don’t see it or think about it, I just see YOU” is at best missing a crucial bit of information and at worst lying.
…I’m rather pleased that I made it to ten.
Feel free to add more in the comments if you think of any.